Tune In @ 31:53 For Our Second Featured Guest: Dave Johnson
With the swell of technology growth in or industry, what does the IoT mean for fitness in 2017? Listen to Michael Piermont and Dave Johnson from ECOFIT Networks uncover the details in this featured episode.
During the last 4 years Dave Johnson have been operating in a development role at ECOFIT Networks. With a deep background in both fitness and technology, Dave brings a substantial knowledge of connected fitness to the industry both inside and outside club walls.
During his time working with ECOFIT Dave has have helped build the industry's open network wireless platform and has come to understand this space and the requirements of delivering a successful networked strategy.
Before ECOFIT, Dave was a representative for many leading equipment manufacturers developing strong commercial sales channels to military and government organizations across Canada. His time in the fitness industry has created very close senior-level relationships with major equipment manufacturers and fitness facilities alike.
Dave is also the owner and operator of West Coast Recreation, which provides amateur and professional sporting events to thousands of fitness enthusiasts in the Pacific Northwest since 1994.
Listen To Episode 014 As Dave Uncovers
- What does cardio and fitness equipment intelligence mean for operators?
- How is ECOFIT helping club owners run a more profitable business by tracking commercial fitness equipment usage
- How sensor technology connected to a gateway can reach up to 600 feet even for busy big box clubs
- Why In order to help you identify which metrics to measure, we’ve highlighted the top 5 metrics that are most important in analyzing your gym’s success and profitability.
- How to use cardio and fitness equipment technology to maximize profit of your health club floor space
- Understanding how to use smart cardio tracking in a closed system to increase member satisfaction and retention
- Why the profitability of your health club will be made or lost in the details of you club operations
- How test pilots of ECOFIT with @4 Hour Fitness, Crunch, and other top brands are using smart cardio and fitness equipment intelligence in 2017
- Dave's ethos for the co-founding ECOFIT after years of work in recreation and fitness and more
Power Quote From Dave
"What it comes down to at the end of the day is the ROI, and we're saving clubs a lot of money. The average large club might have 80 or 90 pieces of cardio equipment, well that's five hundred thousand dollars we can help them use to win." - Dave Johnson on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
Resources Mentioned From Dave
- ECOFIT on the web
- ECOFIT on facebook
- ECOFIT on twitter
- Top 5 Metrics for Analyzing Your Gym’s Success & Profitability
- eBook: Maximize Profit of Your Health Club Space
- Understanding cardio and fitness equipment intelligence
- IHRSA round table with FIT-C
- West Coast Recreation
- Dave Johnson on LinkedIn
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact FIT-C for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Download the 2017 Tech Trends report
Thanks To Our Outstanding Sponsors
Bryan O’Rourke and his family of companies including Vedere Ventures, Integerus Advisors, and many more. If you are looking for unmatched guidance, capital, insights or a great speaker or facilitator, Bryan and his partners are the go to resource for your organization. To learn more visit bryankorourke.com
The Fitness Industry Technology Council, your non-profit resource for reliable technology information supported by forward looking brands who are seeking to drive increased technology adoption in the fitness industry. Make a difference and join FIT-C at fittechcouncil.org today
Check out Bryan and his partner Robert Dyer's recent book "9 Partnership Principles: A Story of Life Lessons" which is available now on Amazon.com