With the swell of technology growth in or industry, what does the IoT mean for fitness in 2017? Listen to Michael Piermont and Dave Johnson from ECOFIT Networks uncover the details in this featured episode.
Michael Piermont has been starting businesses since he was 7 years old and is a consummate “connector.” Prior to starting amSTATZ, an app for personal trainers and their clients, Michael was the VP of Business Development for GoHealth, an internet marketplace for buying and selling health insurance. Since amSTATZ, Michael has co-founded FANCHEST, a subscription gift box company for sports fans. Currently, he is the CEO of ECOFIT Inc, one of Vedere Venture's portfolio companies.
As the CEO of ECOFIT, the industry leader in networking cardio fitness equipment, Michael supports a technology solution for club operators to help maximize their club floor space.
The foundation of their ECOFIT system is a specialized wireless technology enabling extreme equipment densities with cross brand compatibility. Building on this foundation, Micheal and the team have used ECOFIT technology to respond to the industry need for an enterprise level cross brand cardio management solution.
This closed system allows viewing the health of all your cardio equipment from anywhere which gives club operators deep analytics to help better manage purchasing decisions that are based on real and relevant data through one platform that works with all of your cardio brands, old and new.
Listen To Episode 014 As Michael Uncovers
- What does the IoT mean for the fitness industry in 2017
- When big data is useful and when it's not for operators
- How Michael took his skills in data analytics from working in the NBA to the insurance industry, and then to fitness
- Why always on connected devices are changing the digital landscape for fitness and our collective society
- Why the IoT will never replace a personal trainer
- What happens when trainers and club owners start using big data and the IoT for better client results on the gym floor and around al club amenities
- What is the benefit of geo-targeting and using real time data from the IoT for clubs
- How some clubs in Chicago are using the IoT to run 100% automated health clubs right now
- Saving floor space, cycling gym equipment, and adding to the bottom line using the IOT
- How technology can be used got automate the boring tasks that big down health club staff
- Understanding predictive analytics: the branch of data mining concerned with the prediction of future probabilities and trends. Essentially, it is the predictor of variables that can be measured for an individual or other entity to predict future behavior.
Power Quote From Michael
"There's a lot of ways you can get data and what's happened over the past 5 years is that everyone got excited about collecting it. The most important part of it 2017, however, is that now we are transitioning from being data collectors to data users." - Micheal Piermont on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
Resources Mentioned From Michael
- ECOFIT on the web
- ECOFIT on facebook
- ECOFIT on twitter
- Top 5 Metrics for Analyzing Your Gym’s Success & Profitability
- eBook: Maximize Profit of Your Health Club Space
- Nest Thermostat
- Drop Cam
- Pet Net Tracking
- 17 'Internet Of Things' Facts Everyone Should Read
- The majority of people (87%) have not heard of the term ‘Internet of Things’
- The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles (also referred to as "connected devices" and "smart devices"), buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact FIT-C for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Download the 2017 Tech Trends report
Thanks To Our Outstanding Sponsors
Bryan O’Rourke and his family of companies including Vedere Ventures, Integerus Advisors, and many more. If you are looking for unmatched guidance, capital, insights or a great speaker or facilitator, Bryan and his partners are the go to resource for your organization. To learn more visit bryankorourke.com
The Fitness Industry Technology Council, your non-profit resource for reliable technology information supported by forward looking brands who are seeking to drive increased technology adoption in the fitness industry. Make a difference and join FIT-C at fittechcouncil.org today
Check out Bryan and his partner Robert Dyer's recent book "9 Partnership Principles: A Story of Life Lessons" which is available now on Amazon.com