Tune in @ 17:51 to hear from our featured guest, Kevin McCoy
Kevin McCoy is the SVP of Business Development at Lose It! and is sharing with us how from early success in 2008 in partnership with Apple and over a million downloads in their first year, why what started out as the most successful calorie tracker application became a comprehensive and gamified health program. Kevin is also also discussing the strategy behind how Lose It! is making mindful eating accessible to all people, both inside the fitness industry and globally.
Kevin joined Lose It! in 2009 and leads all strategic partnerships for the company including corporate sponsorships, technology partners, health professionals and coaches and affiliates. Kevin works with all of Lose It's partners and potential partners to ensure the brand is the right fit for Lose It! and the members. His key focus is working with well-aligned partners where the partnership brings value to their members and helps them along their journey of living a healthier life.
From Josh Trent's discussion in 2016 with Charles Teague, CEO of Lose It! you'll learn the new changes over the past year for the award-winning application that now serves over 3 million people a month and which helped it's users lose over 45 million pounds on the platform.
Listen To Episode 013 As Kevin Uncovers
- Why smart nutrition tracking is changing the landscape of fitness, diet, and health in the digital age
- What coaches and clients really wanted and needed for digital health coaching and virtual coaching to be a win-win
- Kevin's personal journey since 2009 with Lose It! and his ethos behind the company
- What health and wellness coaches be on the lookout for in the next 12 months from LoseIt! for the blending of meaningful data and advanced fitness technology
- What Kevin has learned as a member of the Consumer Technology Association - Health & Fitness Technology Board
- The framework behind the new feature Snap It uses the most advanced image recognition technology to deliver the best food tracking experience in the world
- Why Lose it! worked with data scientists to create a revolutionary tool called Snap It where the user can literally take a photo of their nutrition and it uploads to the cloud
- Understanding how machine learning can help log nutrients in an accurate and easy way for users globally
- Hurdles that Lose It! has overcome on the way to success in this market
Power Quote From Kevin
"We're always focused on making mindful eating accessible to people, and tracking your food we know is the best way to actually lose weight, but has difficulty. When we originally started Lose It!, we knew we could make it easier to make people figure out what healthy food they wanted to eat." - Kevin McCoy on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
Resources Mentioned From Kevin
- Lose It Website
- Ascend for fitness professionals by Lose It!
- Lose It on facebook
- Lose It! on Twitter
- Lose It! on Instagram
- #FitTechCES summit panel with Jenna Wolfe on Lose It!
- Snap It nutrition tracking
- The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) & Lose It! Partner To Make CES the Healthiest Tradeshow on Earth
- Changing eating habits: Lifehack Review on Lose It!
- Josh Trent's discussion in 2016 with Charles Teague, CEO of Lose It!
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact FIT-C for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Download the 2017 Tech Trends report
Thanks To Our Outstanding Sponsors
Bryan O’Rourke and his family of companies including Vedere Ventures, Integerus Advisors, and many more. If you are looking for unmatched guidance, capital, insights or a great speaker or facilitator, Bryan and his partners are the go to resource for your organization. To learn more visit bryankorourke.com
The Fitness Industry Technology Council, your non-profit resource for reliable technology information supported by forward looking brands who are seeking to drive increased technology adoption in the fitness industry. Make a difference and join FIT-C at fittechcouncil.org today
Check out Bryan and his partner Robert Dyer's recent book "9 Partnership Principles: A Story of Life Lessons" which is available now on Amazon.com