In episode 31 we take a deeper look at the churn rate and attrition of fitness professionals in the industry. Whether you are a studio, small or big box club, increasing the lifetime value of a fitness professional is more important now than ever as we move quickly in our digital world where touchpoints from fitness professionals are so important to a club.
Understanding that human connection from fitness pros to both clients and members is ultimately the fuel that drives the engine of fitness technology, with these new tech tools entering our world every quarter, what are the platforms that understand the trainer's most important data points and business workflows?
In a landscape of sometimes confusing technology applications, how can the right client, club, and trainer ecosystem support both the streamlining of a workday and a proactive approach towards running a successful and sustainable long term training business?
Today on the show we're answering those questions, and much more with the CEO of One Fit Stop, Jarron Aizen.
About Jarron Aizen
Jarron Aizen is an entrepreneur with extensive experience in the computer software and technology industries. Jarron is the founder and CEO of OneFitStop, a SaaS software that streamlines business management and fitness tracking tools into one complete platform for the fitness industry.
Listen To Episode 031 As Jarron Uncovers
- How to increase the lifetime value of a fitness professional
- The ethos of One Fit Stop; what is it doing for the fitness industry
- Why giving fitness professionals effective growth tools in order to generate successful businesses is paramount in the digital age
- What is the common thread among wellness, health and other industries outside of the fitness space in regards to technology meeting the digital needs of consumers
- Understanding single technology tools vs. machine learning with intuitive guidance and teaching
- Why the personal trainer turnover rates remain high even with increased available knowledge:
- Lack of persistence
- Lack of clients
- Lack of business skill
- Why Jarron believes trainers must define their business models and payment structures first before ever working with a client
- How do we use technology to make the trainer's time smarter for dual ROI of clubs/fitpros
- Exploring the natural "churn" and constant recruitment problem in our space
- How will AI and intuitive learning affect CRM and SasS platforms in gyms
- Exploring how technology bridges the gap of trust between the club and the trainer
- What gaps exist currently in the fitness technology space that will be filled in the next 12+ months
Top 3 Takeaways From The Show
Intuitive algorithms sourced from machine learning and AI are beginning to make the next level of both client service and sustainable personal training business thrive. Jarron believes that having the right tech platform to manage a fitness business is important, but what separates the good platforms from the great is not just having the right tool, it's making educated decisions based on a sharpened intuition that is honed from technology that understands what a business needs almost before they do.
Jarron believes that the top CPT certification organizations around the world must start to align how they deploy their teaching courses to simulate real-life scenarios dealing with business acumen, rather than just textbook examples of physiology. To lower industry churn, these CPT certification trainings in physiology must also incorporate simulations of how to manage a technology-focused fitness business.
For trainers to be successful, Jarron believes that defining a business model and payment structures first (before ever working with a client) is just as important as the technology they'll use. Understand that a trainer's business model will adapt over time, but they first need to sit down and actually design it. For long term success, trainers who match up clients with their business model, and ask themselves "is this client right for me?" will support better systems for enjoying their career and less trainer burnout.
Power Quotes From Jarron
"We want to measure ultimately how many fitness professionals in the businesses that use One Fit Stop end up staying longer in the industry. The only real way to really measure that is if we are working with the certification companies and getting them at a grassroots level." - Jarron Aizen on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
"The technology is merely a facilitator of the trust between the trainer and the health club. It's a powerful tool that let's a trainer know that a health club truly cares about them by providing a solution to help them build and manage a successful training business." - Jarron Aizen on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
Resources Mentioned From Jarron
- One Fit Stop facebook
- One Fit Stop Twitter
- One Fit Stop Website
- One Fit Stop Blog
- One Fit Stop Instagram
- Fitness In The Age of Technology
- Jarron Aizen on LinkedIn
- Trainer Churn - LIVESTRONG
- The 2017 FIT-C Tech Trends Report
Thanks To Our Outstanding Sponsors
AFTERSHOKZ has created cutting edge headphones, using bone conduction sound technology perfect for cyclists, fitness professionals, and fitness enthusiasts alike. With an open ear design focused on safety and comfort, AFTERSHOKZ is offering an exclusive bundle with a free gift for the Fitness + Technology audience. Pickup your free gift with purchase by heading over to FITC.AFTERSHOKZ.COM today.
- Bryan O’Rourke and his family of companies including Vedere Ventures, Integerus Advisors, and many more. If you are looking for unmatched guidance, capital, insights or a great speaker or facilitator, Bryan and his partners are the go to resource for your organization. To learn more visit bryankorourke.com
- The Fitness Industry Technology Council, your non-profit resource for reliable technology information supported by forward looking brands who are seeking to drive increased technology adoption in the fitness industry. Make a difference and join FIT-C at fittechcouncil.org today
- Check out Bryan and his partner Robert Dyer's recent book "9 Partnership Principles: A Story of Life Lessons" which is available now on Amazon.com