For episode 13 we’re coming to the end of our featured series, LIVE from #CES2017 at the #FitTechCES summit bringing the top speakers and brands from Las Vegas right to your audio player.
Michael Herlihy Is the Regional Account Manager at Polar Electro. A lot of athletes and coaches around the world know Polar for the heart rate sensors that made it famous since 1977, but over the past few years, we’ve seen some incredible products for lifestyle and health and wellness come out from Polar.
From heart rate to gamification, fitness tracking and beyond, this episode is highlighting the cutting edge of innovation and product development for fitness in the new year. On this podcast were learning from one of the most famous companies in our industry about advanced training with wearable technology, Polar. With a recent partnership teaming up with Les Mills to create a fitter and healthier planet, you’ll learn about the virtual and cloud-based fitness tracking systems and devices that will bring meaning and relevancy to your club’s bottom line.
Listen To Episode 013 As Michael Uncovers
- What lead to the rise of Polar's success from 1977 to 2017
- What is Polar's ecosystem for remote and virtual coaching feature named “Polar Flow For Coach”
- Why Polar and Les Mills have teamed up to create a fitter and healthier planet
- What devices are advanced training companions for professional and devoted athletes who want to reach their peak performance.
- Why Michael believes that anyone can make a watch in 2017, but what differentiates Polar in a crowded market
- What should trainers and club operators and owners be on the lookout for in the next 12 months from Polar for the blending of meaningful data and advanced fitness technology
- How virtual coaching with wearables are creating new opportunities in the fitness industry
- With this new technology, what has Michael seen change and what are the key aspects of what hasn't
- What programs combined with wearables will add to the bottomline for a club
Power Quote From Michael
"To be honest, anybody can build a watch. It's hard however to develop a system that actually allows you to analyze information that's beneficial to you. It's great that you walked those 10,000 steps today but what does that mean for you physically? That is really how we separate ourselves from the competition by delivering the precise analysis that we can provide to the user." - Michael Herlihy on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
Resources Mentioned From Michael
- Polar Website
- Polar Flow
- Polar A360
- Les Mills Partnership for a fitter planet
- Polar Personal Trainer
- Polar Electro on facebook
- Polar Electro on Twitter
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact FIT-C for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Download the 2017 Tech Trends report
Thanks To Our Outstanding Sponsors
Bryan O’Rourke and his family of companies including Vedere Ventures, Integerus Advisors, and many more. If you are looking for unmatched guidance, capital, insights or a great speaker or facilitator, Bryan and his partners are the go to resource for your organization. To learn more visit bryankorourke.com
The Fitness Industry Technology Council, your non-profit resource for reliable technology information supported by forward looking brands who are seeking to drive increased technology adoption in the fitness industry. Make a difference and join FIT-C at fittechcouncil.org today
Check out Bryan and his partner Robert Dyer's recent book "9 Partnership Principles: A Story of Life Lessons" which is available now on Amazon.com