Tune In @ 22:33 For Featured Guest: Tom Cortese, COO - Peloton
We're excited to be bringing you some of the most cutting edge information in fitness technology right from the CES show floor, that directly relates to your fitness business LIVE from the #FitTechSummit bringing the top speakers and brands from Las Vegas right to your audio player.
Tom Cortese is the COO and co-founder of Peloton - Tom has built a career managing effective, hard-working teams. and has deep roots in product development and user interface design and recently co-founded and sold the award winning PROUST.
Listen To Episode 011 As Tom Uncovers
- How Peloton built an incredible community with unique personalities in your virtual and digital instructors
- Fast Company's feature of Peloton’s commercial-grade bike launch that will brings the cycling experience to hotels, office buildings, universities, and recently started manufacturing bikes for gyms across the country in 2017.
- How Tom went from triathlon and working for Revolution Health group to Co-Found Peloton
- Why Peloton decided to enter the fitness space and their future plans
- The mindset of larger fitness organizations towards Peloton in the early years
- What group exercise trainers and health clubs can expect in the next 12 months from Peloton for the blending of meaningful data and advanced fitness technology
- Major difference between Peloton and Soul Cycle, Zwift, WEXER virtual, and the others in our space
- What "connected fitness" really means to the busy, working professioals looking to get a great workout in less time
Power Quote From Tom
"We didn't set out to reshape a piece of fitness equipment. We set out to bring you a totally different experience. To bring that engaging, fun, exciting group fitness workout to the comfort and convenience of your home." - Tom Cortese on the Fitness + Technology Podcast
Resources Mentioned From Tom
- Peloton Cycling
- Peloton on Facebook
- "Changing The View" John Foley at CES
- Peloton CEO John Foley at CES 2017
- Tony Wang on the Recode podcast in 2016 discussing the swell of energy behind the indoor cycling world
- INC Magazine - The "Netflix of fitness"
- Men's Health - The Best Cardio Machine On The Planet"
- Peloton on Twitter: @RidePeloton #RidePeloton
- Peloton on Instagram: @Pelotoncycle
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact FIT-C for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Download the 2017 Tech Trends report
Thanks To Our Outstanding Sponsors
Bryan O’Rourke and his family of companies including Vedere Ventures, Integerus Advisors, Moon Mission Mediaand many more. If you are looking for unmatched guidance, capital, insights or a great speaker or facilitator, Bryan and his partners are the go to resource for your organization. To learn more visit bryankorourke.com
The Fitness Industry Technology Council, your non-profit resource for reliable technology information supported by forward looking brands who are seeking to drive increased technology adoption in the fitness industry. Make a difference and join FIT-C at fittechcouncil.org today
Check out Bryan and his partner Robert Dyer's recent book "9 Partnership Principles: A Story of Life Lessons" which is available now on on Amazon.com